You can lower your heating bill this winter in 10 easy steps.
1. Check your heating ducts for leaks. The typical duct system
loses 25 to 40 percent of the heating energy put out by a home's
2. Clean and replace your furnace filter monthly. Filters are cheap
and can be purchased at most discount department or home supply stores.
3. Close crawl space vents/doors.
4. Remove window air conditioners.
5. Close fireplace dampers whenever you're not burning a fire.
Fireplaces let a lot of warm air out and bring a lot of cold air in.
6. Check windows for cracks and leaks.
7. Apply weather-stripping.
8. Check attic and floor insulation.
9. Replace an older furnace with an efficient heat pump.
10. Call BGEnergy for a free energy audit. We'll tell you exactly what you need to do to keep your winter heating bills low.