Educational & Community Programs
Electricity is the safest form of energy, but it should be used carefully. Blue Grass Energy reminds people to use electricity carefully through safety programs conducted by professionals. Some safety programs include:
- Tabletop Safety Demonstration. A program for children younger than 10 to learn about electrical safety.
- Safety Trailer. This large, portable, high-voltage safety demonstration is for outdoor events. This program is geared for ages 10-adult.
- Power Plant Tours. Geared for ages 10 and older, groups take tours of electric generation power plants in Clark, Pulaski and Mason counties.
Other programs offered are:
- Energy Conservation. (All Ages) Let us teach your group to save energy in the home and elsewhere.
- Renewable Energy. (All Ages) Let us educate your group on how landfill gas-to-electric plants convert methane produced from decaying trash into electricity. Tours of these plants are also available.